1. If people ______(drive) more slowly, there wouldn’t be so many accidents.
2. If you had worked carefully, you _____(not make) so many mistakes.
3. The boat wouldn’t have drifted away, if we _____ (tie) it up.
4. If I had known you already ____(have) a typewriter, I ____(not, buy) one for your birthday.
5. If he _____(be) here this afternoon I would go with him.
6. If it were to rain tomorrow, the match _____(postpone).
7. But for your help, we ______(not be) able to finish the work in time.
8. If it _____(not, be) for the leadership of the Party, we would not have achieved so much.
9. I wish I _____(study) hard while I was young.